Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Final sketchup re-done





My above Gallery space is influenced by Fiona Hall's Castles in the Air of Cave Dwellers using a brain shaped object. This theme is carried through to the lower ground studio space for Fiona Hall. The spiral in the gallery space is intended to show the way people are meant to move through the space and toward the staircase. The spiral shape is then carried down to the lower studio where their is a platform for Hall to make her artworks.
The above ground studio is influenced by Rosalie Gascoigne's wood pieced artwork. The word I chose to describe it was assemble, as it reminded me of a puzzle. Therefore my above ground studio space is intended to represent a puzzle like pieced up structure. I tried to make a connection between the brain and the assembled studio space by using a texture on the studio with a contour design, which reminded me of sections of the brain.

My material Selection for the design would consist of Concrete Aggregate Smoke for the floors which is painted on for the stairs leading to upper studio and in lower studio platform. The spiral in the gallery area would be made of glass. The spiral staircase structure would mainly consist of metal components such as steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment